Friday, January 1, 2010

Counting My Blessings #1: Our Temporary Digs

I am sure that this blog will have its fair share of negative posts (ok, let's be realistic: most likely more than its fair share). But as Day 2 of Operation Deutschland dawns, I have decided to be a little more positive. (Don't get used to it, adoring fans... all three of you.)

Until our container full of stuff arrives, we will be staying in Christoph's deceased grandmother's home, right down the road from his parents' house. I have described this as the place with the dust or the place that his parents can look right into from their house. I have told you about the thin walls and the yippy dogs next door.

But today I am more than grateful for our own little house, which my mother-in-law cleaned and stocked for us, from the Diet Coke in the fridge to the fresh toothbrushes in the bathroom. We have a hair dryer and oil in the tank, cable TV and freshly-made beds. There is a 24/7 babysitter right up the road and I have spent the last 18 hours napping while someone else tends to Hurricane Rebecca.

For that, I am truly thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment